Sunday, February 19, 2012

"I hope you will be enjoy stay from our hotel..."

So begins the letter of confirmation from the owner of the Istanbul hotel that we just booked for a three night stay, starting February 25th.

The hotel was recommended by Jay, the Turkish exchange student who lived with us in 2000, and now lives in Istanbul, his home town. And he knows the people at this hotel. It looks like a great boutique hotel, in the old part of the city, close to everything we want to see. Our room is on the terrace with views of both the Blue Mosque and the Marmara Sea.

The hotel owner concludes the confirmation letter with "We will be drink something together at the roof terrace."

No way we're missing out on an offer like that. I don't know about Robin, but I personally have never had an opportunity to be drink something together on the roof of a hotel, with the hotel owner... in freakin' Istanbul.

Robin wrote back to ask the owner if we can pay cash for the room, in British pounds. He responded with "Sure, you can pay in GBP. I love Money. Doesn't problem for me."

I love this place already.

I have a funny feeling... that three nights in Istanbul is not going to be enough.

The Blue Mosque from (I assume) the hotel.

The Marmara Sea from (I think) the roof terrace of the hotel.