Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sketches & Sketchers, Part One

There were two rooms to sketch in. The smaller room had a couple of models in it. The larger room had at least a dozen models posing all at once. Later in the day more models showed up and joined in. I stayed in the large room since there was more than I could draw anyway.

The variety of styles being used during the day-long sketch session was amazing. The photos below show some of the participants and some of the drawings. As you can see, some people get creative and experimental. London Drawing likes to encourage innovative, experimental, and creative stuff.

Me too, but mainly I just like to draw. And wish I could draw like Manet, Degas, and Toulouse Lautrec.

Very nice. I like this one a lot.

A mid-morning exhibition of sketches. 

Redhead model. 

When I got back to the flat and tried to photograph my drawings, the terrible lighting of the apartment made it impossible to get good photos of the sketches, which were originally drawn with black and white charcoal on pinkish-mauve colored paper. So I converted all the photos to sepia tone (above) to hide the weird color casts that were showing up in the photos. 

More of my drawings below (the sepia ones), but first, some of my favorites by other artists:










Back to old-school drawing (click an image to see a larger version):