Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Bit of Backtracking

While I’m here at The National Archives cafe (at Kew Gardens) with a good WiFi connection, it’s a good time to catch up on posting some photos, before I head out for the gardens.

A large furniture store in our neighborhood has a beautiful display in the front window called “Masterpieces," color coordinating furniture with masterpiece paintings. 

The painting makes me want to buy the couch. 

Yesterday’s lunch cheeseburger from The Bowler pub, near the LMA (London Metropolitan Archive). 

Jamie’s Wine Bar, across the street from the Noel Coward Theatre. 

Old homeless person is my guess. 

After requiring a couple of escalators to get up to the sidewalk level,
you realize just how far underground you were.

Without these instructions at every crossing (“Look Right” or “Look Left”), I would have been flattened long ago. Love the font, but could someone please adjust the spacing between the L and the O?